Re: Unlinking Parallel Hash Join inner batch files sooner

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrei Lepikhov <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>, John Naylor <johncnaylorls(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unlinking Parallel Hash Join inner batch files sooner
Date: 2024-05-14 18:56:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 6:42 PM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Yeah, right. I will aim to get this into the tree next week. First,
> there are a couple of minor issues to resolve around freeing that
> Heikki mentioned. Then there is the question of whether we think this
> might be a candidate for back-patching, given the complaints you
> mention. Opinions?

It doesn't appear to me that this got committed. On the procedural
question, I would personally treat it as a non-back-patchable bug fix
i.e. master-only but without regard to feature freeze. However, I can
see arguments for either treating it as a back-patchable fix or for
waiting until v18 development opens. What would you like to do?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com