Re: Use unique index for longer pathkeys.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Use unique index for longer pathkeys.
Date: 2014-07-24 12:39:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:19 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> # By the way, this style of calling a person is quite common
> # among Japanese since the first-name basis implies very close
> # relationship or it frequently conveys offensive shade. But I'm
> # not sure what should I call others who're not Japases native.

Typical usage on this mailing list is to refer to individuals by first
name (e.g. Tom, Alvaro, Heikki) or by full name (e.g. Tom Lane, Alvaro
Herrera, Heikki Linnakangas). The last name is typically included
only when it might otherwise be confusing - for example, you will
rarely see people use just "Greg" because there are several people by
that name who are reasonably active, but Heikki's last name is almost
never mentioned).

That having been said, if you want to use the Japanese style, I don't
think anyone here will mind. I am personally not totally familiar
with it so please forgive me in turn if I should address you or anyone
else in a manner that would be considered too familiar in another
culture. I try not to do that, but I might make some mistakes.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company