Re: Add protransform for numeric, varbit, and temporal types

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add protransform for numeric, varbit, and temporal types
Date: 2012-02-08 14:37:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I've committed the numeric and varbit patches and will look at the
> temporal one next.

Committed, after changing the OIDs so they don't conflict.

Here's one more case for you to ponder:

rhaas=# create table noah (i interval day);
CREATE TABLE
rhaas=# alter table noah alter column i set data type interval second(3);
DEBUG: rewriting table "noah"
ALTER TABLE

Do we really need a rewrite in that case? The code acts like the
interval range and precision are separate beasts, but is that really
true?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company