json results parsing

From: Charles Cui <charles(dot)cui1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: json results parsing
Date: 2018-05-31 03:16:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi mentors and hackers,

Found the json API page here
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/functions-json.html
For some APIs, it returns set of results, for example, json_each(json) and
json_object_keys().
Basically, I want to call these json API inside a plugin, and the return
value for these APIs are Datum. I am wondering how to parse a set of json
results from Datum in postgresql? Seems the helper functions I am aware of
are only for simple types. Are there any examples to demonstrate the best
practice of how to do that?

Thanks, Charles!