[GSoC] thrift compact protocol byte interface get implemented

From: Charles Cui <charles(dot)cui1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [GSoC] thrift compact protocol byte interface get implemented
Date: 2018-06-28 05:05:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi mentors and hackers,

The thrift compact protocol has been implemented. Right now there are
two protocols supported in my plugin(binary and compact). I have added
several tests and did some bug fixing. At the same time updated the
documents in my repo (
https://github.com/charles-cui/pg_thrift/blob/master/README.md)
Let me know if you have any questions. In the remaining time of GSoC I am
going to focus on providing a user friendly interface for this plugin by
providing custom Postgresql types.
Also adding more detailed tests (by following the tools provided by
Aleksander in the last email).

Thanks Charles