oracle_fdw Question

From: chiru r <chirupg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: oracle_fdw Question
Date: 2018-02-12 18:55:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am trying to install and configure the oracle_fdw on PostgreSQL DB
servers.
What we are trying is, inorder to install (make, make install) oracle_fdw
on all DB servers,we want to compile on one server and want build a
package/tar file to copy the library files and required SQL scripts into
all other servers.
So that it will reduce the installation efforts.

can we copy the oracle_fdw.so file into "<directory>/9.5/lib/postgresql"
And oracle_fdw.control,oracle_fdw--1.1.sql and oracle_fdw--1.0--1.1.sql
files into "<directory>/9.5/share/postgresql/extension" directory.
Is this the right approach?

Is there any process to create re-locatable binary files for oracle_fdw?

Thanks,
chiru