Postgres backup tool recommendations for multi-terabyte database in Google Cloud

From: Craig Jackson <craig(dot)jackson(at)broadcom(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres backup tool recommendations for multi-terabyte database in Google Cloud
Date: 2019-12-05 17:47:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating an oracle database to postgres in Google
Cloud and are investigating backup/recovery tools. The database is size is
> 20TB. We have an SLA that requires us to be able to complete a full
restore of the database within 24 hours. We have been testing
pgbackreset, barman, and GCP snapshots but wanted to see if there are any
other recommendations we should consider.

*Desirable features*
- Parallel backup/recovery
- Incremental backups
- Backup directly to a GCP bucket