Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror
Date: 2019-07-11 15:46:44
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:22 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:28 PM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:10 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
>> wrote:

>>> I mean "as well" only in that it's not part of the suggested text above
>>> (which has not been implemented). I *am* just talking about the message,
>>> yes.
>>>
>>> (Though I assume it is possible to turn it off for individual repos --
>>> there have been discussions about for exampe moving pgweb to actually *use*
>>> github for a while as a POC for how things would or wouldn't work for our
>>> community, and it wouldn't be good if we've actually prevented any such
>>> things for the future..)
>>>

>> As I noted, the only way to do that is to have the config file be in each
>> individual repo on which you want the bot to run, rather than globally.
>> That would mean committing the .github directory to the main source tree
>> :-(
>>

> Ugh. Had I known that I would've strongly objected to installing it in the
> first place.

Well you and I did discuss it on the 17th June. Granted that was right
after the initial installation, but still.

> No way to just remove it's permissions on some repos or something? Or it
> actually somehow has "organisation superpowers"?

It has superpowers. The config lives in a specific directory on a specially
named repo that Github use for such things.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company