Re: Event Submission

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Event Submission
Date: 2012-01-25 16:25:15
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com> wrote:

>> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:33 AM, Jonathan S. Katz
>> <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to submit a new event but am getting an error saying that the "Org" field is required.  Unfortunately, there are no organizations appearing in the dropdown list so I cannot submit.  Is this a global issue or is it isolated to my community account?
>>
>> Umm, did you see the line of text below the org field? We added that
>> last week, so I'm wondering if you missed it, or if it's in need of
>> rephrasing (Magnus and I weren't entirely happy with the wording).
>
> Yes I did.  It is a bit confusing - I would probably just say "To be added to an organization, contact the organization manager or webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org"

We didn't say that because we don't want to add people to orgs that
already have a "real" manager. That should be up to them to decide who
represents them.

> But additionally, I would recommend having a default organization, such as "Other" or "Community" so that if someone who is not affiliated with an organization has a PG Event they can at least submit it, and we could work out the data association after.

If we do that, I'll bet a pint that the majority of people just start
picking that org instead of an appropriate one :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company