Re: Old problem reoccurrence in current

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Wahlstedt Jyrki <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Old problem reoccurrence in current
Date: 2012-08-31 15:47:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM, Wahlstedt Jyrki <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi> wrote:

> On 29.8.2012, at 14.26, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Wahlstedt Jyrki <jwa(at)wahlstedt(dot)fi> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>> in March I experienced a reproducible crashing problem in pgAdmin3
>> (doubleclick on a table name on right-hand side pane). This is something I
>> see again, now in an app built from a fresh git pull (configure says
>> 1.17.0-dev). Now the message box gives a lot more information:
>

> I can't reproduce this here. Can you give any more info about what you're
> doing (server version, and specific steps etc).
>

>> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>

> Hi,
> so: I'm on OS X 10.8.1, with server version 9.1.5, used locally (i.e.
> localhost), built locally (via MacPorts). The steps being (after launch and
> connect to server): 1) connect to my database (i.e. the one with my name on
> it) 2) open schemas->public by triangles 3) when the schemas->public is open
> showing below it collations &c, click 'Tables' there, just the name, do not
> use the triangle 4) now the table names are shown on the right-hand side 5)
> double-click a table name (this invariably gives me a crash)
>
> PS The crash info says 1.16.0-beta2

I can't reproduce it with 1.16.0-beta4 either (I'm also on 10.8.1/PG
9.1.5). I'm not sure how you'd get in a state where configure and the
crash info show different versions though, unless you're not running
the build you think you are. Does the About box confirm the correct
version and commit ID/tag?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com