Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 20th anniversary of PostgreSQL ?
Date: 2015-04-07 14:28:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> Dave, all,
>
> * Dave Page (dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org) wrote:
>> For the 10th birthday we used the start of the online presence as our birthday, not the Postgres95 release. That's next year.
>>
>> It would seem odd to change the definition and celebrate a 20th birthday 9 years after the 10th.
>
> Agreed. We've already settled on a birthday; let's not try and change
> that now.
>
> I'm very excited about next year's celebration, but let's be clear that
> it's next year. :)

FYI, I just stumbled across this old gem:

====
From: "Marc G. Fournier"
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 05:11:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [PG95-DEV] PostgreSQL.ORG

Hey...

Well, I’m now recovering from a heart attack...

I sent out the registration request for PostgreSQL.ORG no more then 15
minutes ago...I got confirmation that it is complete 5 minutes ago...
=====

So based on that, we could say PostgreSQL was born at 05:06 EDT on 22
October 1996.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com