Re: Azure AD authentication using app registration

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Asmita Thapliyal <asmita(dot)thapliyal(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Azure AD authentication using app registration
Date: 2022-04-14 08:43:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 at 09:35, Asmita Thapliyal <asmita(dot)thapliyal(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I don't see Azure AD authentication using app registration is
> available for pgadmin4. I see other authentication mechanisms via LDAP,
> OAUTH2 and kerberos.
> Could you let me know if there is a possibility of enabling it?

We don't support Azure AD auth, and currently have no plans to add it.
You're welcome to add a feature request at
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues, but it's unlikely
any of the regular developers will work on it in the near future.

However, you can (in theory - I've never tested it) use Azure Active
Directory Domain Services to allow applications to authenticate using
Kerberos. See
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/itops-talk-blog/deep-dive-how-azure-ad-kerberos-works/ba-p/3070889

--
Dave Page