PostgreSQL 9.4 RC1 Released

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.4 RC1 Released
Date: 2014-11-20 18:24:10
Lists: pgsql-announce

The PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released 9.4 RC 1, the
first release candiate for the next version of PostgreSQL. This
release should be identical to the final version of PostgreSQL 9.4,
excepting any fixes for bugs found in the next two weeks. Please
download, test, and report what you find.

For a full listing of the features in version 9.4, please see the
release notes (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4.html).
Additional descriptions and notes on the new features are available on
the 9.4 Features Wiki Page
(http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.4).

We depend on our community to help test the next version in order to
guarantee that it is high-performance and bug-free. Please download
PostgreSQL 9.4 RC 1 and try it with your workloads and applications as
soon as you can, and give feedback to the PostgreSQL developers.
Features and APIs in this release candidate should be identical to
9.4.0, allowing you to build and test your applications against it.
More information on how to test and report issues
(http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta)

Get the PostgreSQL 9.4 RC 1, including binaries and installers for
Windows, Linux and Mac from our download page
(http://www.postgresql.org/download).

Full documentation of the new version is available online
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static), and also installs with
PostgreSQL.

--
Dave Page