Re: Download navigation UX

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Download navigation UX
Date: 2020-07-09 11:05:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:17 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> > However the cognitive complexity for the maintainer/developer of
> > ensuring IDs are unique across different pages is *much* higher.
> >
> > I still don't see how those are very high. What's the likelihood of
> > using an id like "yumdownloads" (or similar) on a page that is unrelated
> > to yum? I'd say that's pretty much zero.
>
> Yeah, I think the probability of this being an issue is low.

For the record, I still strongly disagree that this is a sensible practice.
It may not be a big issue in a relatively self-contained example such as
this one, but it easily could be in other areas.

That said, changed and pushed.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com