Re: gitmaster access

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gitmaster access
Date: 2022-05-12 06:34:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 07:11, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> At Thu, 12 May 2022 14:44:15 +0900 (JST), Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
> wrote in
> > >
> > > And finally I succeeded to clone from git.postgresql.org and to push a
> > > commit.

\o/

> > Is it git.postgresql.org, not gitmaster.postgresql.org? Interesting...
>
> git.postgresql.org. I still receive "Permission denied" from
> gitmaster.

Yes, gitmaster is completely irrelevant here. It is *only* used for
PostgreSQL itself, and only by PostgreSQL Committers.

The postgresql.git repo on git.postgresql.org is unique in that it is a
mirror of the real repository on gitmaster, and doesn’t have any committers
except for the account used to push commits from gitmaster. The third party
browser software doesn’t know anything about that which is why it still
shows the ssh:// URL despite it not being usable by anyone.

Is there some reason you thought gitmaster was relevant here (some webpage
for example)? This is the third(?) someone has been confused by gitmaster
recently, something both Magnus and I have been surprised by.
Dave Page
https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB Postgres
https://www.enterprisedb.com