Re: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project——Initialization Project

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Hongyuan Ma <cs_maleicacid(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: "mark(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com" <mark(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project——Initialization Project
Date: 2018-03-12 19:03:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM, Hongyuan Ma <cs_maleicacid(at)163(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Thank you for your reminder. This is indeed my negligence.
> In fact, I have browsed the code in the pgperffarm.git
> <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgperffarm.git;a=summary> repository,
> including the client folder and the web folder. However, I found that the
> web folder has some unfinished html files and does not contain model class
> files. And the project used Django 1.8 without importing the Django REST
> Framework (When I talked to Mark about the PerfFarm project, he told me he
> insisted on using Django 1.11 and considered using the REST framework). So
> I mistakenly thought that the code in the web folder had been shelved.

Nope, not at all. It just wasn't updated to meet the latest PG
infrastructure requirements yet (basically just the update to Django 11).
The rest should be fine as-is.

> In the newly initialized Django application, I upgraded its version and
> assigned the directory to make the project structure clearer. I want to use
> a separate front-end development approach (The front-end applications will
> use vue.js for programming.). I hope you can allow me to use it instead of
> the old one. I am willing to integrate the auth module into this new
> application as soon as possible.

I would much prefer to see jQuery + React, purely because there are likely
more PostgreSQL developers (particularly from the pgAdmin team) that know
those technologies. It is important to consider long term maintenance as
well as ease of initial development with any project.

Thanks.