Re: Planet posting policy

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Planet posting policy
Date: 2012-04-17 08:10:45
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:49 AM, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> The line is closer for EDB and PEM.  I think it's possible to write a PEM
> blog post that fits the current rules.  If I were tasked with doing that,
> I'd start with some informative comments about things that are hard to
> monitor in regular PostgreSQL, and what sorts of problems the general
> management headaches related to it cause.  Then an ending that introduces
> PEM as an example of how one company addressed those problems in a
> commercial product would be fine.  I'd walk away knowing something useful
> about common deployment problems, and the fact that a commercial product was
> suggested as one way to solve them would be helpful.

It's interesting that you think that's possible. I've thus far refused
requests from our marketing department to do exactly at as I thought
it would certainly be a violation of the policy. I'm not convinced it
wouldn't be even now, but it's interesting to know you might find
something acceptable. When I get a hour (probably a couple of years
from now as things are currently looking!) I might give it a whirl and
run it past you guys.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com