Re: Problem with pdAdminIII and postgres 9.1.2 on Solaris 10?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Petra Systems <petrasys(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with pdAdminIII and postgres 9.1.2 on Solaris 10?
Date: 2011-12-14 09:15:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Petra Systems <petrasys(at)mindspring(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi:
>    I am running postgres 8,3 and 9.1.2 concurrently on solaris 10 08/11.
>  pgAdminIII handles the 8.3 cluster very well but for the 9.1.2 cluster it
> will not display the databases.  It throws error messages to the effect that
> it can't find columns such as datconfig.  The version of pgAdmin that we are
> using is 1.8.4.  I noticed that for solaris there does not seem to be a 1.14
> version.  Is there a problem and if so is there a work around?

There's no problem as such - pgAdmin 1.8 was written before PostgreSQL
9.1, so it doesn't know about the catalogue schema in that version.
The solution is to use 1.14, but you'll have to build it yourself from
source as we don't have packages for Solaris any more (the guys that
used to do them got assimilated by Oracle, and are no longer allowed
to contribute :-( ).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com