PostgreSQL Conference Europe: Are you ready?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Conference Europe: Are you ready?
Date: 2011-10-04 09:10:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgeu-general pgsql-announce pgsql-general

PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2011 (http://2011.pgconf.eu/) starts 2
weeks from today in the beautiful city of Amsterdam in the
Netherlands. This is the fourth annual conference hosted by PostgreSQL
Europe, following on from extremely successful events in Prato
(Italy), Paris and Stuttgart, and is aimed at developers, DBAs,
technologists and decision makers either using, or considering using
the world's most advanced Open Source database.

This year we have four days on the schedule, with a kick-off day of
training sessions hosted by respected PostgreSQL developers such as
Greg Smith, Bruce Momjian, Magnus Hagander, Guillaume Lelarge and
more. Topics will cover performance tuning, application development,
database administration, replication & high availability and
geospatial. The training sessions are available on their own, or as
part of a regular conference attendance at additional - but very
reasonable - cost.

We had a record number of talk proposals submitted this year but we've
resisted the urge to host even more sessions in parallel - in fact
we've reduced the number of parallel sessions to three as we all know
how frustrating it can be when more than one that you want to see are
at the same time. Instead we've extended the conference by a day to
accomodate over 40 different sessions, which has the added bonus of
allowing an additional night of social activities - always a great way
to discuss the latest technologies, trends and ideas with other
Postgres users over a beer or two.

We've got a great range of topics for this year, covering new features
in PostgreSQL 9.1 and beyond, developing applications, running
Postgres in the cloud, hacking PostgreSQL internals, tools and add-on
products and managing large databases, presented by a wide
cross-section of users and developers, including a number of this
year's Google Summer of Code students who will talk about their work.
You can view the complete schedule on the conference website:
http://www.postgresql.eu/events/schedule/pgconfeu2011/

Our opening keynote this year will be presented by Ram Mohan, EVP and
CTO of Afilias who manage the .info, .org and .mobi top level domains
using Postgres. Ram will be discussing the business decisions and
strategy around their use of PostgreSQL. Our closing keynote will be
presented by Ed Boyajian, President and CEO of EnterpriseDB who will
discuss PostgreSQL's role in the post-Oracle era.

So, if you haven't done so already, head on over to the website at
http://2011.pgconf.eu/registration/ to register as an attendee to
avoid missing out on what promises to be an outstanding conference in
an fantastic location. See you in Amsterdam!

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Europe