Postgres usage of session identifiers for security

From: Keith Minsel <minselk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres usage of session identifiers for security
Date: 2014-01-14 12:36:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Can anyone describe how Postgres generates session identifiers and how
Postgres uses a session identifier for community action protection?

More specifically, will Postgres allow a session identifier to be
non-system generated? How does Postgres respond when presented with a
non-system generated session identifier?

My security team is asking and I can't find any documentation on this.

Thanks,
Keith