ALTER TABLE documentation nitpick

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ALTER TABLE documentation nitpick
Date: 2015-04-10 02:20:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,

ALTER TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] [ ONLY ] name [ * ]
action [, ... ]

Why the description of [ IF EXISTS ] part above is listed with that of
actions; it seems to give an impression that it is one of the ALTER
TABLE actions. I think it should be one of the lines in the paragraph
just above where the description of actions begins.

I propose to change is it like attached.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
alter-table-doc-fix.patch application/octet-stream 1.3 KB