Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Date: 2018-04-07 04:26:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM, David Rowley
<david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Everything else looks fine from my point of view.

Me too, although I still think having struct names PartitionPruning
and PartitionRelPruning is going to be a bit confusing. We should
think about naming the latter to something else. I suggested
PartitionPruningDispatch(Data), but David doesn't seem to like it.
Maybe, PartitionPruneState, because it parallels the
PartitionPruneInfo that comes from the planner for every partitioned
table in the tree.

Thanks,
Amit