Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date: 2024-05-21 02:20:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 1:04 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes; you can
> see the results here:
>
> https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
>
> It will be improved until the final release. The item count is 188,
> which is similar to recent releases:
>
> release-10: 189
> release-11: 170
> release-12: 180
> release-13: 178
> release-14: 220
> release-15: 184
> release-16: 206
> release-17: 188
>
> I welcome feedback. For some reason it was an easier job than usual.

Thanks Bruce for working on this as always.

Failed to notice when I read the notes before:

<listitem>
<para>
Add SQL/JSON constructor functions JSON(), JSON_SCALAR(), and
JSON_SERIALIZE() (Amit Langote)
</para>
</listitem>

Should be:

<listitem>
<para>
Add SQL/JSON constructor functions JSON(), JSON_SCALAR(), and
JSON_SERIALIZE() (Nikita Glukhov, Teodor Sigaev, Oleg Bartunov,
Alexander Korotkov, Andrew Dunstan, Amit Langote)
</para>
</listitem>

Patch attached.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote

Attachment Content-Type Size
sql-json-credits.patch application/octet-stream 565 bytes