Re: Declarative partitioning - another take

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Dmitry Ivanov <d(dot)ivanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Declarative partitioning - another take
Date: 2016-12-17 02:32:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> Aside from the above, I found few other issues and fixed them in the
>> attached patches. Descriptions follow:
>
> To avoid any further mistakes on my part, can you please resubmit
> these with each patch file containing a proposed commit message
> including patch authorship information, who reported the issue, links
> to relevant discussion if any, and any other attribution information
> which I should not fail to include when committing?

I think it's a good advice and will keep in mind for any patches I
post henceforth.

In this particular case, I found all the issues myself while working
with some more esoteric test scenarios, except the first patch (1/7),
where I have mentioned in the description of the patch in the email,
that there were independent reports of the issue by Tomas Vondra and
David Fetter.

Thanks,
Amit