Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Date: 2019-01-10 16:11:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:58 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > The "Crash on ALTER TABLE" thread [1] started on -bugs, but Andrew's
> > message on 8 Jan with an initial proposed patch and my response later
> > that day both CC'ed -hackers and seem to have been rejected, and so
> > are missing from the archives.
>
> I've done the same recently, without problems. I'd suggest inquiring
> on the pgsql-www list; project infrastructure issues are not really
> on-topic here.

Fwiw, an email I sent yesterday was rejected similarly because I'd
tried to send it to both pgsql-hackers and pgsql-performance. I
mentioned about that when I resent the same email successfully [1]
after dropping pgsql-performance from the list of recipients.

Thanks,
Amit

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/96720c99-ffa0-01ad-c594-0504c8eda708%40lab.ntt.co.jp