moving extraUpdatedCols out of RangeTblEntry (into ModifyTable)

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: moving extraUpdatedCols out of RangeTblEntry (into ModifyTable)
Date: 2022-12-07 11:54:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Per Alvaro's advice, forking this from [1].

In that thread, Tom had asked if it wouldn't be better to find a new
place to put extraUpdatedCols [2] instead of RangeTblEntry, along with
the permission-checking fields are now no longer stored in
RangeTblEntry.

In [3] of the same thread, I proposed to move it into a List of
Bitmapsets in ModifyTable, as implemented in the attached patch that I
had been posting to that thread.

The latest version of that patch is attached herewith. I'll add this
one to the January CF too.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+HiwqGjJDmUhDSfv-U2qhKJjt9ST7Xh9JXC_irsAQ1TAUsJYg@mail.gmail.com
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3098829.1658956718%40sss.pgh.pa.us
[3] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BHiwqEHoLgN%3DvSsaNMaHP-%2BqYPT40-ooySyrieXZHNzbSBj0w%40mail.gmail.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Add-per-result-relation-extraUpdatedCols-to-Modif.patch application/octet-stream 25.8 KB