index paths and enable_indexscan

From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: index paths and enable_indexscan
Date: 2020-04-14 06:43:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but is it intentional that
enable_indexscan is checked by cost_index(), that is, *after* creating
an index path? I was expecting that if enable_indexscan is off, then
no index paths would be generated to begin with, because I thought
they are optional.

--

Amit Langote