BWPUG Moving

From: Robert Treat <robert(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BWPUG Moving
Date: 2011-08-10 14:41:44
Lists: bwpug

Howdy Folks,

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that we're moving BWPUG. We'll
still be at the same bat channel, but we're going to try meeting on
the third Tuesday of each month for the next few months. Hopefully
this will fit into peoples schedules better, and maybe attract some
new folks to the meetings. That means this months meeting will be on
Tuesday, August 16th, at 6:30PM, at OmniTI HQ in Columbia (7070 Samuel
Morse Dr, Columbia, MD, 21042)

Topic for this month will be a short presentation on "Postgres vs.
Riak", comparing everyones favorite open source database to one of
those new fangled NoSQL databases. We'll give an overview of what Riak
is, how it compares, and particular use cases where each solution
works well in.

As always we will have time for networking and we can do some more
open Q & A, and we'll likely hit one of the local restaurants after
the meet.

Also, don't forget to check out our Meetup page at:
http://www.meetup.com/Baltimore-Washington-PostgreSQL-Users-Group/.
Please feel free to sign up and/or RSVP, and please share the link
with others who might be interested.

--
Robert Treat
http://www.omniti.com