Datatyp of a column

From: Ishaya Bhatt <ishayabhatt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Datatyp of a column
Date: 2013-11-11 14:11:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
In the sorting code, I need to determine the datatype of my sort keys
and call some code conditionally based on the datatype. Is there any way to
determine the datatype of a column from the *backend* PostGreSQL code. is
the datatype of the column available in the query plan? Any help on this
would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ishaya Bhatt.