Re: Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)

From: Dmitry Koterov <dmitry(at)koterov(dot)ru>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)
Date: 2013-03-11 13:20:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

x86_64, PostgreSQL 9.2. is run within an OpenVZ container and generates
SIGBUS.
PostgreSQL 9.1 has no such problem.

(OpenVZ is a linux kernel-level virtualization which adds namespaces for
processes, networking, quotas etc. It works not like e.g. Xen or VMWare,
because all containers share the same kernel.)