Re: performance results on IBM POWER7

From: Ants Aasma <ants(dot)aasma(at)eesti(dot)ee>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: performance results on IBM POWER7
Date: 2012-03-01 16:23:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> ... After that I think maybe some testing of the
> remaining CommitFest patches might be in order (though personally I'd
> like to wrap this CommitFest up fairly soon) to see if any of those
> improve things.

Besides performance testing, could you check how clocksources behave
on this kind of machine?
You can find pg_test_timing tool attached here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-01/msg00937.php

To see which clocksources are available, you can do:
# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
To switch the clocksource, just write the desired clocksource like this:
# echo hpet > /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource

Thanks,
Ants Aasma