memory leak checking

From: Mikhail Bautin <mbautinpgsql(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: memory leak checking
Date: 2019-04-22 23:50:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello PostgreSQL Hackers,

What is the standard memory leak checking policy for the PostgreSQL
codebase? I know there is some support for valgrind -- is the test suite
being run continuously with valgrind on the build farm?

Is there any plan to support clang's AddressSanitizer?

I've seen a thread that memory leaks are allowed in initdb, because it is a
short-lived process. Obviously they are not allowed in the database server.
Are memory leaks allowed in the psql tool?

Regards,
Mikhail