Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls

From: Nicholas White <n(dot)j(dot)white(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Troels Nielsen <bn(dot)troels(at)gmail(dot)com>, Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Request for Patch Feedback: Lag & Lead Window Functions Can Ignore Nulls
Date: 2014-04-16 11:50:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for the detailed feedback, I'm sorry it took so long to
incorporate it. I've attached the latest version of the patch, fixing
in particular:

> We have this block:
I've re-written this so it only does a single pass through the window
definitions (my patch originally added a second pass), and only does
the clone if required.

> In gram.y there are some spurious whitespaces at end-of-line.
Fixed - I didn't know about diff --check, it's very useful!

> Also, in parsenodes.h, you had the [MANDATORY] and such tags.
I've re-written the comments (without tags) to make it much easier to
understand . I agree they were ugly!

>Exactly what case does the "in this case" phrase refer to?
Clarified in the comments

>A style issue. You have this:
Fixed

> And a final style comment.
Fixed

> Finally, I'm not really sure about the column you added to the regression tests table.
Indeed, it was a bit artificial. I've re-written the tests to use a
separate table as you suggest.

Thanks -

Nick

Attachment Content-Type Size
lead-lag-ignore-nulls.patch text/x-patch 35.2 KB