Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres

From: BladeOfLight16 <bladeoflight16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: changing port numbers so pgbouncer can read geoserver and postgres
Date: 2013-11-11 02:15:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Birta Levente <blevi(dot)linux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I don't know what is this geoserver, but this port 8080 I think it's not
> relevant in this.

I might be able to help: http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Welcome.
GeoServer is a Java web application that retrieves GIS data (as in PostGIS
in the realm of PostgreSQL) and servers it up in standard formats. This
allows for greater interoperability than would be possible with only the
PostgreSQL/PostGIS database since many clients cannot communicate with
PostgreSQL directly.

So the desired request chain is most likely something like this:

Client (E.g., ArcMap, a web page with OpenLayers or Leaflet, another web
application that processes the data somehow) --> GeoServer (running on port
8080) --> pgBouncer --> PostgreSQL (with PostGIS extension)

It looks like GeoServer is having a problem connecting to PostgreSQL, so I
think you're right. It's either between GeoServer and pgBouncer or
pgBouncer and PostgreSQL.

Hopefully, that clears up some points of confusion.