Restricting the CREATEROLE privilege

From: "Wappler, Robert" <rwappler(at)ophardt(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restricting the CREATEROLE privilege
Date: 2010-02-25 08:26:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Good Morning,
is there a way to limit the CREATEROLE privilege to a specific database?
I currently set up an automated integration test environment. This includes a
database owned by a specific user which should have all degrees of freedom
for installing whatever database schemas are in the current revision as well as
creating roles used by the test cases to access the database.

I do not want that user to create roles, which are then available in every
database.

--

Robert...