Catalog help

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Catalog help
Date: 2009-10-19 00:02:58
Lists: pgsql-general

I've figured out how to use the catalogs to get from table name to name of
file(s) on disk, and also the toast files. But what I don't see is how to
handle the case where a cluster contains multiple databases with tables of
the same name--I fail to follow the oid keys somewhere along the way.

I don't actually have multiple tables with the same name (nor even multiple
databases in the cluster), I'm just trying to understand how to generalize
my query to correctly work in all cases.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com