A few questions

From: "Jai Beales" <JaiBeales(at)identilam(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A few questions
Date: 2002-09-11 10:31:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi. Any advice on the following would be much appreciated...

Is it possible to run 2 instances of postgres on the same machine with
different data directory, pg_hba.conf, port etc? I'm wondering this
really
for test reasons and anticipating having 2 postgres connections with
different security implications which might eventually run on separate
servers.

Are there any issues with the number of databases created? As well as
one
large one for browser access I would like to have many small client
specific
db's for direct ODBC connections.

Has any one tried stress testing with many ODBC connections to postgres
(obviously i can do this myself and will!)?

Thanks for any help.

Jai