once:radix version 1.5 released

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: once:radix version 1.5 released
Date: 2009-08-25 14:58:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

Six years ago, my fledgling business made a tactical decision: To put all
our faith in PostgreSQL as the database on which to build an entirely new
type of software. once:radix has become the world's first browser-based
Rapid Application Development system.

Despite the time we have been at it we are still, in many ways, a fledgling
business. One area where we DON¹T feel like we are just getting started is
our technology. It has matured to a point where I am proud to put my name to
it. If you knew how slow I have been to get out and promote it, you would
appreciate that this comment is not made lightly.

The impetus since we first released once:radix as an open source project has
been extraordinary. As an example of what we¹ve achieved: I was working at
South Australia Tourism last week, connected to a very basic Dell server.
Performance was outstanding.

Today, we announced the release of once:radix version 1.5 on SourceForge:

> ³This update paves the way for the next stage of development: The company
> plans to launch its flagship application, once:fabrik ­ built on the
> once:radix platform ­ as an open source project in September this year.
> once:radix 1.5 is faster, even more reliable and comes with new features that
> further enhance user experience.²

This is a serious contender as an IDE for building and deploying business
applications. once:radix and the soon-to-be-released once:fabrik ERP system
differentiate PostgreSQL from competing products. Personally, I think that
it has plenty to offer already. But to have the only viable browser-based
IDE is a clear advantage.

We are moving toward an ambitious program of support for
ISVs/VARs/Developers/Consultants. I would like to explore ways that we can
gain mutual advantage from our informal partnership. Specifically: I would
like to make contact with individuals and companies that work with
PostgreSQL ­ as developers, trainers, consultants, and so on ­ to discuss
ways that we can work together.

If you are interested, please contact me.

Regards

Rob Napier
once:technologies

rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au