PostgresSQL DBA Needed in ATL for Web Security Company

From: "Paul Q Judge, PhD" <paul(at)purewire(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgresSQL DBA Needed in ATL for Web Security Company
Date: 2009-04-02 20:36:43
Lists: pgsql-jobs

There is an immediate opening for the following position:

PostgreSQL DBA

The PostgreSQL Database Administration is responsible for design and
implementation of database systems and data warehouses, administration
and maintenance of Development, QA and Production database systems and
developing strategies for optimization and tuning databases, real-time
data acquisition, replication, archive generation and recovery. The
ideal candidate will possess:

€ 5+ years of designing massively scalable PostgreSQL systems in support
of high availability, high scalability and high volume services
€ 5+ years working in a Linux environment
€ Experience with multiple database upgrades between different versions
of Postgres, and transitions to and from Postgres and other databases
€ Have worked with and can tune both 32 and 64bit Postgres
€ Familiarity with memcached, python, PHP
€ Ability to write clean, coherent documentation
€ Ability to understand and master new technologies quickly
€ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
€ Willingness to learn and to teach

About The Company: Purewire, Inc. (www.purewire.com)

We're looking for passionate, driven A-players to join our team. Contact us
today!

Why join the Purewire team?
Because we're fun! If you're interested in working in a fast-paced
environment with a proven team in one of the hottest growth markets in the
security space, you'll want to join our team. Our new offices are located in
the heart of Atlanta's thriving Buckhead district, within walking distance
to numerous restaurants, a walking/jogging trail and easy access to major
highways and Interstates.

Competitive compensation, full benefits
We offer competitive compensation packages and full benefits. Yes, that
includes 401k, health, dental, vacation, complimentary gym membership, free
parking and stock options. That also includes Free caffeine (coffee, tea,
sodas and the occasional Red Bull!), filtered water, snacks and a candy bar.
Want more? Take a break in our employee entertainment lounge to play pool or
foosball with colleagues and friends.

Send resumes to HR @ purewire.com