Re: Now get off my back :P

From: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Now get off my back :P
Date: 2009-02-12 01:34:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Not sure how we got into this thread but what the heck!

I sooooo miss the USPS! They are the best in the world. Our postie Ted used
to come by with a cheery outlook, like someone who was lucky to be doing a
really important job.

When we moved, they automatically re-directed our mail. And it cost nothing
to do it!

But when we received about A$5,000 from AMEX through the post, I was
convinced that yanks all really trust their postie to do the job to
perfection.

Now don't get me started on the PA or NC motor registration and tax
departments. Or US banks and the INS, for that matter. That is an entirely
different matter. It's like dealing with a third world country.

By comparison, getting a passport in Australia is simple, fast and reliable.
In fact, most government departments are pretty good here. But they lack the
positive attitude of the USPS. Local government is a pain. All they seem
interested in doing is finding ways to charge more fees and taking their own
good time to do things that should take a few minutes.

But our volunteer firefighters and police are the local heroes at the
moment. Finding and identifying bodies after a firestorm must be the worst
job in the world.

Rob