Re: Database access over the Internet...

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database access over the Internet...
Date: 2008-11-15 17:12:17
Lists: pgsql-general

> What's mess up is that the solution given the user DOES work.

What's messed up is that a person asking for free help from a group of
volunteers would insistently place unusual restrictions on how she will
accept that help, then lecture those who tried to help but hadn't noticed
her specific terms.

I wouldn't have been nearly as harsh in my reply, probably wouldn't have
replied at all, if she hadn't referred to the email coming to her as
"terrorism". Now granted English may not be her first language so I'll
assume that's a poor translation and she really meant something closer to
"harassment". But even so, her position is outstandingly absurd, to accuse
people of harassing her for attempting to answer her question.

Perhaps someone should speak to her about the advantages of MySQL?

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com