Re: Implement a column store for pg?

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: jacktby jacktby <jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implement a column store for pg?
Date: 2023-09-15 12:47:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 15 Sep 2023, at 14:31, jacktby jacktby <jacktby(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to implement a new column store for pg, is there a good example to reference?

There are open-source forks of postgres that have column-stores, like Greenplum
for example. Be sure to check the license and existence of any patents on any
code before studying it though. The most recent attempt to make a column-store
for PostgreSQL was, IIRC, zedstore. The zedstore thread might give some
insights:

https://postgr.es/m/CALfoeiuF-m5jg51mJUPm5GN8u396o5sA2AF5N97vTRAEDYac7w@mail.gmail.com

--
Daniel Gustafsson