Re: libPQ -Canceling Blocking Calls

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: Postgres-Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libPQ -Canceling Blocking Calls
Date: 2008-07-10 22:51:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

7/10/08 3:05 PM, also sprach tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us:

> Sure. Look at psql for an example. You probably need to call PQcancel
> from a signal handler, but there's a signal-safe variant for that.

Great. Although I was planning on using a threaded approach, but since libpq
was compiled thread-safe, I assume this would be fine. I was hoping I could
cancel a synchronous call without having to collapse the thread. This is
good news.

Thanks,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.