Resource Consumption

From: "Cao Van Khanh" <cvkhanh(at)cmc(dot)com(dot)vn>
To: "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Resource Consumption
Date: 2004-09-22 02:26:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have to configure PostgreSQL 7.4.5 for my company , and with the
Run-time Configuration , I think some think there can help me to improve
perfoment of the database server .

But without any experience , I deeply need help from you ! My system is
Pentium4 , 2,4Gz CPU and 1Gbs of RAM . I would like to know which
parameter in those are important :

Shared_buffers

Sort_mem

Vacuum_mem

Max_fsm_pages

I want my computer spend all resource for the database . How to make it
stronger ? ?