Pg_dump selective tables failing

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pg_dump selective tables failing
Date: 2005-09-21 15:57:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have an application schema which owns several tables. I'm trying to
pg_dump selective tables so that I can restore them into a different
server. I'm getting an error:

pg_dump myDBname --table='transaction mortgage summary_county'
--schema=apps > select_tables.out

pg_dump: WARNING: owner of schema "load" appears to be invalid
pg_dump: specified table "transaction mortgage summary_county
summary_zip_code summary_census_tract" does not exist

I'm specifying the schema name 'apps' and the tables owned by apps such
as transaction, mortgage, etc.

Why am I getting this warning: owner of schema "load" appears to be
invalid. -- Where postgres get this "load" owner!!
And what's the right way to do it - I haven't found any example of doing
such task in the docs. I tried several options alternatives but still no
success.

Thanks,

--
Husam

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you. FADLD Tag