Software Engineer Summer Internship, Boston

From: "F(dot) Jovan Jester" <jesterj(at)groupspeak(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jobs(at)groupspeak(dot)com
Subject: Software Engineer Summer Internship, Boston
Date: 2009-04-13 19:04:22
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Details: Boston start-up, 10 week paid software engineering
internship, begins June 2009

Link: http://www.groupspeak.com/jobs

Company Description: Groupspeak.com is a messaging service that
organizes conversations around locations, keywords, and groups. It
enables you to pinpoint conversational areas that are otherwise
unavailable through private messaging clients or chat rooms. In 2008,
we were top winners in the I3 Harvard Innovation Challenge, and
featured in Popular Science.

Job Description: We are looking for highly motivated undergraduates
or recent graduates with Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
experience to become involved with a start-up this summer. We have
many interesting technical challenges; from delivering mobile
applications to tuning and managing back-end systems that will handle
millions of messages. Over a 10 week time period, we will be focused
on refining Groupspeak's global platform for real-time message
filtering and launching internationally.

You will gain real-world software engineering experience, learning
how to build highly scalable web services on a diverse open-source
software stack.

This summer, help make Groupspeak’s innovative technology even better.

Requirements:

- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience

- Solid fundamentals in algorithms

- Strong programming skills in Java, C, C++, and/or object-oriented PHP

Preferences:

- Experience with a RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)

- Web development experience (JavaScript, (X)HTML and CSS)

- Strong Unix/Linux skills

- Experience with mobile development (Java ME, Android, Blackberry or
iPhone)

Java, C, PostgreSQL, Unix/Linux, Mobile, Web

Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to jobs(at)groupspeak(dot)com