Tripping over (my own) stupidity - VARCHAR declaration minus specificity

From: "Good, Thomas" <TGood(at)svwsjmc(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tripping over (my own) stupidity - VARCHAR declaration minus specificity
Date: 2011-10-14 17:27:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

I created a table in a hurry and forgot to specify the max capacity for a varchar() data type.
Can it be said what the max would be in a case like this (just curious)?

thanks much

--
Thomas A. Good, Senior Database Administrator
Saint Vincent's Hospital Westchester

"Wir leben, wir sind Glücksmaschinen." - Peter Hein

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to who they are addressed. This communication may contain protected health information and/or material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying for this e-mail is strictly prohibited. if you have received this e-mail in error, please delete the message and attachments and notify the sender immediately.