Assorted problems in pgAdmin 1.8.0

From: J=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=rg Beyer <Beyerj(at)students(dot)uni-marburg(dot)de>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Assorted problems in pgAdmin 1.8.0
Date: 2007-11-11 12:23:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello.

During the past few days I noticed the following problems:

(1) pgAdmin main window, SQL Pane
SQL-syntax for Views shows doubled double quoted commented titles,
e.g.

for view "Books_View" (mixed upper and lower case is intentional).
The same is _not_ the case for tables or some other object types I checked.
This may in fact not be a problem of pgAdmin, and it is just a cosmetic
glitch.

(2) Query tool, SQL entry field
Entering a '^' (e.g. as a RegEx anchor) gives '^^'.
(On the German keyboard layout, '^' is mapped to the key exactly below the
escape key, if that is of any help).

(3) Query tool, SQL entry field
The SQL field doesn't take input from the keyboard's number block. This may
be by design, but I'm so used to using the number block in certain
situations... (first generation Apple Pro keyboard here, the crystal
polycarbonate one with the black keys).

Hope this information helps to track 'em down :-)

Thanks for all your work, and especially for supporting OS X.
Best regards

Jörg Beyer

Environment:
Machine PowerPC G4/400 PCI (Oct. 1999)
OS Mac OS X 10.4.10

PostgreSQL 8.2.5
8.3.beta2
(both compiled from source w/ gcc 4.0.1)

pgAdmin3 1.8.0 (binary from pgadmin.org)

Jörg Beyer
PHILIPPS-University Marburg
Dept. of Psychology
Germany