Re: Bug: --with-libxml does not take a location

From: J=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=rg Beyer <Beyerj(at)students(dot)uni-marburg(dot)de>
To: <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug: --with-libxml does not take a location
Date: 2007-11-07 11:29:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Maybe except

--with-tcl
--with-tclconfig=DIRECTORY

although that's not exactly what you were referring to, of course.

Anyway, I think the OS X case could be worth to keep the design question in
mind. Speaking as a not very experienced user of 'make' and friends, I'm
appreciating --with-featurefoo-config=DIR options (or setting related
environment variables), because it makes it easier and more comprehensible
for me to get the whole thing running.

Cheers

Joerg

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> None of our --with-featurefoo options takes an argument, BTW. That at least
> isn't a bug, it's by design.

Jörg Beyer
PHILIPPS-University Marburg
Dept. of Psychology