Re: pgAdminIII via VPN

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sgul(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdminIII via VPN
Date: 2007-06-25 10:46:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

But with puTTY you are connecting to the Master server via telnet/ssh and
then connecting to PostgreSQL from that server. So PostgreSQL sees the
connection as coming from the Master server, which is presumably allowed in
your pg_hba.conf. When connecting directly to PostgreSQL from your laptop,
you need to allow connections from your laptop in your pg_hba.conf file.

HTH

Adam